AboutSpitbank Fort is an unusual and historic sea fortress in the Solent, off Portsmouth. Now a luxury exclusive venue and hotel, the fort was formerly home to hundreds of soldiers guarding the approaches to Portsmouth. The arms and ammunition have long been removed, making way for nine luxuriously furnished bedroom suites, three bars, three restaurant areas, and spa facilities.
Spitbank Fort is the most exclusive venue on the south coast, and is its own private island for hire, available for exclusive use, special events, private parties, wedding receptions, music videos and corporate hire. There are few venues in the world that can offer the privacy and exclusivity of Spitbank Fort.
With accommodation for 18 and function space for up to 60 people, this is the unique venue that you have been searching for that will quite simply blow all others out of the water.
Where better to stay when visiting Cowes Week than on your own private fortress? Want a magnificent venue for a private party where there is no chance of gatecrashers, then Spitbank Fort ticks all of the boxes. What about luxurious accommodation for the Isle of Wight Festival where you can party on like a rock star long into the night. As Spitbank Fort can only be reached by own boats it provides a level of privacy, peace and tranquillity that is virtually impossible to find anywhere else in the world.
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Railway station within 5 miles
- American Express accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Event Venue
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good53
- David JHampshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazingFriday, 21st April 2017Just visited here with our son and his new bride on there wedding day. The staff were amazing with there knowledge of the fort and there attention to detail. We stayed for the day and ate lunch and... Read full review
- John HTrip Type:CouplesProbably the most unusual (in a fabulous way) luxury UK hotel you are likely to stay in.Thursday, 20th April 2017The hotel manager and staff were full of personality, always smiling and happy, but why wouldn't they be, working in such a unique environment. Full of history, quirky, lots to do, great food... Read full review
- alice123LondonLondonTrip Type:CouplesLoved our stay at this unique placeMonday, 17th April 2017Just returned from our Easter Sunday stay at Spitbank Fort and had a fabulous time at this extraordinary hotel. Quick 10 minute boat journey from Gunwharf Quay and welcomed with a glass of champagne... Read full review
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Please see website for booking intimation