AboutSpitbank Fort is an unusual and historic sea fortress in the Solent, off Portsmouth. Now a luxury exclusive venue and hotel, the fort was formerly home to hundreds of soldiers guarding the approaches to Portsmouth. The arms and ammunition have long been removed, making way for nine luxuriously furnished bedroom suites, three bars, three restaurant areas, and spa facilities.
Spitbank Fort is the most exclusive venue on the south coast, and is its own private island for hire, available for exclusive use, special events, private parties, wedding receptions, music videos and corporate hire. There are few venues in the world that can offer the privacy and exclusivity of Spitbank Fort.
With accommodation for 18 and function space for up to 60 people, this is the unique venue that you have been searching for that will quite simply blow all others out of the water.
Where better to stay when visiting Cowes Week than on your own private fortress? Want a magnificent venue for a private party where there is no chance of gatecrashers, then Spitbank Fort ticks all of the boxes. What about luxurious accommodation for the Isle of Wight Festival where you can party on like a rock star long into the night. As Spitbank Fort can only be reached by own boats it provides a level of privacy, peace and tranquillity that is virtually impossible to find anywhere else in the world.
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Railway station within 5 miles
- American Express accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Event Venue
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good52
- AnnakeirBramley, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAwesome VenueFriday, 17th March 2017My hubby booked this as a surprise for our 20th wedding anniversary, it was totally awesome. The renovations of the Fort are fantastic, there are so many little nooks and crannies all filled with so... Read full review
- TarmumLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFantastic and UniqueThursday, 16th March 2017We had a fantastic time at this unique and quirky hotel. We just stayed 1 night which I think was about right to experience this place, There is a lot to explore and with only 16 guests and a handful... Read full review
- Deborah PLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesUnique venueWednesday, 8th March 2017We had 2 nights here and really enjoyed it. Due to bad weather on the day we were supposed to leave, we were offered the second night at a discount - which we took up. I wouldn't stay more than 2... Read full review
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Please see website for booking intimation